The Mt. Borah Epic is nothing short of its true definition. A series of trail systems developed by the Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association, also known as CAMBA, have led Mt. Borah to stage a race that pays tribute to the trails and offers a one-of-a-kind experience found no where else but Northern Wisconsin.
Skill, endurance and perseverance will be asked of each rider as they challenge the Epic this upcoming spring. Each section of the course holds its own key to success. Racers will traverse rocks, roots and navigate through pine groves, all while enjoying the epic single track that has inspired us to stage this race from the very beginning.
Join the Epic mailing list to keep track of race details and more information about the course. Registration is now open, but will close fast with only 300 epic spots available. 30 miles, point to point, 100% of race profits donated to CAMBA.
Miles upon miles of pristine single track define the Mt. Borah Epic racecourse. The challenge will require riders to surf through smooth banked turns, navigate across bumpy rock gardens, and surge through pine groves as the sunlight breaks through the treetops. The course offers an experience difficult to replicate in most mountain bike races nationwide and will leave riders grinning from ear to ear upon finishing.
Some unique features include a 200-foot "log prime shortcut" and a section of trail CAMBA calls the "gravity cavity." All these qualities and more to prove the racecourse truly highlights CAMBA's supreme trail building expertise.
2013 Mt. Borah Epic Course Map
Field limit of 300 racers. Register Now.
Race starts at 9 AM in downtown Cable.
Take advantage of the whole weekend with a COMBO entry to the CAMBA Festival of the Trails and the Mt. Borah Epic. Find out more and register now.
Mt. Borah Epic Weekend Schedule
Friday May 31st
- 2:00 - 8:00 pm Number pick up at OO Birkie trail head, directions; Driving North on 63 from Hayward, take a right off Hwy 63 in Seeley go about 2 miles to Birkie Trail head facility.
Saturday June 1st
- 7:00 - 8:30 am Number pick up in Downtown Cable at River's Eatery/Namakagon Grocer on Kavanaugh St.
- Parking available in specified areas in Cable see map link http://goo.gl/maps/FrLJc
- 9:00 am Race starts from corner of First St. and Randysek Rd.
- 12:00 - 4:30 pm buses and trucks will shuttle riders and bikes back from finish in Hayward at Fish Hatchery park to start area in Cable.
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm Party and awards at River's Eatery/CAMBA tent in Downtown Cable
Enjoy the rest of the weekend in Cable/Hayward area and check out the Festival of the Trails, all registered Epic riders can upgrade to entire weekend of CAMBA Festival of the Trails activities for just $45.
An epic event is only as good as the volunteers behind it. Be a part of an epic race and join us during a weekend of racing and festivities.
*Please call (608-381-1033) or email Race Director Jack Zabrowski to join us.